BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A teenage couple who were fatally shot in Alabama have been identified.
AL.com/The Birmingham News reports 19-year-old Ty Alexander Pepper and 18-year-old Elizabeth "Liz" Annette Price were killed Monday night in Birmingham. Birmingham Police Sgt. Bryan Shelton says Pepper was meeting Price at a street corner after he got off work. The newspaper reports someone approached the couple and opened fire, and that both victims were found shortly after.
Shelton says he doesn't believe the killings were random. He says that while on scene, he "felt like the suspect had no value for them at all."
The couple are the 14th and 15th homicides in the city this year.
- Police identify teen couple fatally shot in Alabama
- Teen fatally shot in central Alabama subdivision
- Police: Mississippi teen fatally shot, 2 people charged
- Police: Alabama mall manager fatally shot, 3 in custody
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- Mississippi jury clears deputy who fatally shot teen in 2017
- Man sentenced to death in Alabama for teen's fatal shooting
- Teen arrested in fatal shooting at Alabama McDonald's
- Teen bystander shot in head at Alabama recreation center