CANTON, Miss. (AP) — Police are investigating the slaying of a Mississippi man who was shot before someone stole his friend's car.
WLBT-TV reports Canton police found 20-year-old Tyler Ross dead Sunday in the kitchen of a home after Ross' friend called 911 to report a carjacking.
Police Chief Otha Brown said the car's owner, the woman renting the home and her 18-year-old son were all taken into custody for questioning, but no charges had been filed.
Ross' mother, Kimberly Peel, said her son had gone with his friend to the home to pick something up. She said the friend told her he was outside when he heard gunshots, then a man with a gun ran from the home and took the friend's Chevy Impala.
Brown said the car had not been located.
- Police chief: Mississippi man shot dead before carjacking
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Sheriff: Man armed with AK-47 shot after Alabama carjacking
- Mississippi man shot dead by state troopers after chase
- Sheriff: Deputy kills carjacking suspect
- Police: Mississippi man shot in stomach during robbery dies
- Police: Man shot and killed at apartments in Mississippi
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- 1 dead after south Mississippi police shooting
- Coroner: Father, son shot dead on Mississippi highway