MCCOMB, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a man who tried to rob a convenience store at gunpoint died after exchanging gunfire with a clerk.
McComb police Detective Shannon Sullivan tells the Enterprise-Journal that a male clerk opened fire on 21-year-old Saveyon Raheam Harvey as Harvey held a female cashier at gunpoint Monday night. The two exchanged gunshots as Harvey ran through the door.
Sullivan says a driver saw Harvey fall on the road, and blocked traffic until police arrived. Harvey was pronounced dead at the scene.
An investigation continues.
- Police: Would-be robber dies after shootout with store clerk
- Police: Store clerk killed while trying to stop beer theft
- Shootout inside Walmart store in Alabama leaves 2 dead
- Sulligent, Alabama, police searching for bank robber
- Mississippi sheriff: Suspect dies in shootout with officers
- Alabama man sentenced in $43 robbery, slaying of store clerk
- 4-year-old girl shot inside Alabama home by outside shootout
- Mississippi auditor demands town clerk pay overdue fees
- Former Mississippi town clerk indicted for stealing $116,000
- Auditor demands $673K from estate of deceased chancery clerk