OXFORD, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say two women lured an Alabama motel owner into their room and tried to kill him.
Al.com reported Wednesday that Keandra Morgan and Keshawanna Parker, both 26, were charged with attempted murder and robbery.
Oxford police Capt. L.G. Owens says the women summoned the victim to the room they had rented by telling him they had found rodents. Once the victim was inside, he was assaulted, choked and tied up.
The victim's vehicle, phone, wallet, credit cards and an undisclosed amount of cash were taken.
After the women were identified as suspects, warrants were issued, and the women were arrested in Mississippi. They were then extradited back to Alabama.
News outlets did not report if they have lawyers.
- Police: Women robbed, tried to kill motel owner
- 2 charged in slaying of man found dead at motel
- Space heater blamed for massive motel fire in Jackson
- Tuscaloosa police officer killed
- Police: Pastor robbed at Alabama church parking lot
- Men sentenced for kidnapping, robbing Navy men
- Mississippi sheriff's dispatcher robbed while on duty
- 1 women killed, 2 others hurt in Alabama shooting
- Police think bottle used to kill exhibitionist
- 2 Mississippi men get 15 years each for robbing postman