JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Police in Mississippi say a teenager has been arrested in connection with a shooting.
Sgt. Roderick Holmes tells news outlets the 17-year-old with charged with several offenses that include aggravated assault for his involvement.
Based on information gathered from surveillance video, Jackson police investigators were able to identify a vehicle, and ultimately a suspect believed to have been involved in the crime. Officers from Jackson and Canton police were able to successfully locate the vehicle and arrest the teenager.
Police say officers were called to a location and found a 38-year-old man inside a vehicle suffering from several gunshot wounds. Police say the victim was last listed in very critical condition.
Investigators believe robbery was the motive for the shooting.
Holmes says additional arrests are expected.
- Police: Teenager arrested in connection with shooting
- Man charged in connection with shooting of teenager
- 2 Mississippi men arrested in connection with attack on man
- 3 teenagers drown in Mississippi's Biloxi River
- Morning collision kills north Alabama teenager
- Police: 10 arrested in 2 Mississippi shootings, 4 charged
- Police: 3rd arrest in shooting of Mississippi church pastor
- Police: Fugitive shoots self as marshals try to arrest him
- Police: 4 arrested in Alabama for shooting into home, cars