JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Police in Mississippi have accused a 13-year-old girl of stabbing her 15-year-old brother on News Year's Day in an argument over fireworks.
The stabbing came during a holiday period in which multiple children were injured in Jackson.
Police spokesman Sam Brown confirmed to news outlets the boy was in critical condition with multiple stab wounds.
Police said the girl was detained and the case remains under investigation.
The Clarion Ledger reports that on New Year's Eve, a 1-year-old and a 13-year-old were shot while sitting in a car in what police described as a "targeted" drive-by.
Also that night, a minor was shot and injured while lighting off fireworks.
- Police: Teen girl stabs brother during fight over fireworks
- Jackson Police: Brother stabs younger brother multiple times
- Police: Brother of woman stabbed to death knocks out suspect
- Teen charged with killing mother, brothers appears in court
- Off-duty officer stabbed, man killed in road rage fight
- Be careful with fireworks during New Year's
- Police: Man wounds brother, shot himself in house fire
- Alabama inmate fatally stabbed
- 12-year-old girl shot by brother as children play with gun
- Third brother linked to Mississippi officer's death