TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Investigators say an Alabama woman was shot to death and two people in the vehicle with her were wounded in what appears to be a road rage incident on an interstate highway.
The shootings happened Friday night on the eastbound side of Interstate 20/59 in Tuscaloosa.
Capt. Gary Hood is commander of the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes unit. He tells the Tuscaloosa News that someone from another vehicle fired into the one carrying 25-year-old Zakia Bibbs of Tuscaloosa, and she was killed.
A 22-year-old woman and a 23-year-old man who were in the vehicle with Bibbs were treated for gunshot wounds that were not life-threatening.
Hood said “it appears to be a road rage type incident,” but did not immediately release further information.
- Police: ‘Road rage’ shooting kills woman on Alabama highway
- Off-duty officer stabbed, man killed in road rage fight
- Woman in Alabama crash hit, killed after walking across road
- Mississippi man dies from possible road rage shooting
- 3 suspects arrested after road rage shooting in Olive Branch
- Police: Alabama woman killed by teen playing with gun
- Police identify man killed in Alabama interstate shooting
- Coroner IDs woman killed crossing Mississippi road
- Police search for man in shooting that killed woman
- Arkansas woman killed by hit-and-run on Mississippi highway