MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Police say a pregnant woman was kicked in the stomach and cut with a knife during an attack in Alabama.
Police spokeswoman Charlotte Solis in the southern Alabama city of Mobile tells AL.comthat the victim told officers that a verbal argument with a woman she knew escalated Tuesday morning.
Solis says the woman cut the pregnant woman with a pocket knife, sat on her stomach and hit her in the face. Police said a man also kicked the pregnant woman in the stomach and brandished a gun.
Police spoke with the victim at a hospital Tuesday.
Police have not disclosed the condition of the pregnant woman and fetus. No arrests have been announced.
- Police: Pregnant woman kicked in stomach and cut with knife
- Police: Mississippi man shot in stomach during robbery dies
- Pregnant Mississippi woman sentenced for taking opioids
- Police: Officer shoots Mississippi man who pulled knife
- Police: Homeless Mississippi man attacks man with knife
- Reward offered after pregnant dolphin found shot to death
- 4 jailed in 'retaliation' death of pregnant Mississippi teen
- Officials raise reward to $11K in dead pregnant dolphin case
- Senate votes to cut unemployment benefits time
- Senate committee approves modest tax cut