D'IBERVILLE, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man sought for a domestic violence incident fled and crashed into another car before dying from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
News outlets report the unidentified man died Sunday. Biloxi police say they tried to stop the man when he was spotted near a highway but he failed to stop. He then sped down another highway before crashing into another car that then rolled over at the top of a draw bridge.
The man's Nissan Altima was found near D'Iberville city limits. Police say they found him dead inside in the car.
The driver of the car he crashed into was treated for minor injuries.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Man sought for domestic violence flees, shoots self
- Alabama police officer arrested for domestic violence
- Alabama sheriff's deputy shot during domestic violence call
- Judge tosses domestic violence charges against mayor, wife
- Former deputy accused of domestic violence, sexual assault
- Police: Man fatally crashes while fleeing hit-and-run
- Sheriff: Man arrested in domestic shooting that wounded son
- Alabama awards grants to help victims of domestic violence and sexual abuse
- Man charged in Mississippi dogfighting ring, others sought
- Man sought in triple slaying found dead in Alabama