HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Police say a man who shot and killed another man at an apartment complex in Mississippi has turned himself in.
Hattiesburg police tell news outlets 26-year-old Jonathon Darnell Jones shot 20-year-old Mark Gould on Thursday. Police say Jones' cousin, 23-year-old Theodore Jones, also turned himself in. Jonathon Jones is charged with murder and Theodore Jones will be charged with accessory after the fact of murder.
Police spokesman Ryan Moore says officers who were called out to the apartments found Gould's body. Police believe he may have been involved in a fight moments before the shooting and was attempting to leave when he was shot.
Moore says an investigation is ongoing.
It is unclear if either Jones has a lawyer.
- Police: Man shot and killed at apartments in Mississippi
- Man shot to death at apartment complex in Mississippi
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Police say shooters kicked down apartment door, killing man
- Police: Mississippi man shot in stomach during robbery dies
- Police chief: Mississippi man shot dead before carjacking
- Alabama man, 22, shot dead inside own apartment
- Man dies after being shot at Alabama apartment complex
- Authorities identify man shot to death at Alabama apartment
- Elderly man's body found after Mississippi apartment fire