GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - Police in Mississippi have arrested a man accused of driving a work van into six people waiting outside a plasma center, killing one of them.
News outlets report 34-year-old Justin Overall was taken into custody hours after the hit-and-run crash Wednesday morning in Gulfport.
The van was found abandoned at a gas station.
The Harrison County coroner identified the person who died as 60-year-old Doris Haskins Duckworth. Another person was treated at the scene and released. The four others were taken to hospitals.
Overall is charged with manslaughter and other counts. It's unclear whether he had an attorney who could speak for him.
- Police: Man plowed into 6 people at plasma center, killing 1
- Police: 2 people killed in crash in Alabama
- Man shot and killed outside shopping center in Alabama
- Man faces capital murder charges after killing 2 people
- Tuscaloosa police officer killed
- Police ID Alabama man who killed himself near White House
- Police shoot, kill man wanted for slaying of trombone player
- Mississippi police arrest man wanted for Texas killing
- Police: Man in a wheelchair charged with killing 3 relatives
- Police: Alabama man kills infant daughter, self in dispute