GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - Police in Mississippi have arrested a man accused of driving a work van into six people waiting outside a plasma center, killing one of them.
News outlets report 34-year-old Justin Overall was taken into custody hours after the hit-and-run crash Wednesday morning in Gulfport.
The van was found abandoned at a gas station.
The Harrison County coroner identified the person who died as 60-year-old Doris Haskins Duckworth. Another person was treated at the scene and released. The four others were taken to hospitals.
Overall is charged with manslaughter and other counts. It's unclear whether he had an attorney who could speak for him.
- Police: Man plowed into 6 people at plasma center, killing 1
- Man shot and killed outside shopping center in Alabama
- Police: 2 people killed in crash in Alabama
- Man faces capital murder charges after killing 2 people
- Tuscaloosa police officer killed
- Police search for man in shooting that killed woman
- Police ID Alabama man who killed himself near White House
- Police: Man shot and killed at apartments in Mississippi
- Police shoot, kill man wanted for slaying of trombone player
- Police: Man kills himself at Lowe's store in Alabama