ANNISTON, Ala. (AP) — Police say an employee at a Lowe's home improvement store in Alabama has killed himself inside the outlet.
Anniston Police Chief Shane Denham said Monday the man shot himself inside a front office.
Police were called to the Anniston store Monday morning following of a report of a man with a gun who was threatening to harm himself. Denham says crisis negotiators spoke with the man for several hours in hopes of a peaceful resolution before he shot himself.
No other employees, shoppers or bystanders were harmed.
An emailed message seeking comment from the North-Carolina based home improvement chain was not immediately returned.
- Police: Man kills himself at Lowe's store in Alabama
- Police ID Alabama man who killed himself near White House
- Police identify man killed in Alabama interstate shooting
- ID released for man killed by Alabama police officers
- Police: Alabama man kills infant daughter, self in dispute
- Man charged in killing of Alabama police officer
- Man killed in standoff with Alabama deputies
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing
- Alabama man charged with killing his father
- Police: Man shot, killed at store after fight with other man