MIDFIELD, Ala. (AP) — Police say a man fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run in Alabama crashed into a brick wall and died.
News outlets report the crash happened around midnight Saturday. Michael Jeffries with Midfield police says the man's vehicle was involved in a hit-and-run on Bessemer Super Highway, and the man lost control of his car while fleeing, hitting a brick building.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jeffries said the driver of the other car was questioned at Midfield police headquarters. It's unclear if anyone suffered injuries in the initial hit-and-run.
The deceased man's name has not been released.
- Police: Man fatally crashes while fleeing hit-and-run
- Police in Mississippi identify victim in fatal hit-and-run
- Alabama authorities: Motorcyclist dies while fleeing police
- Police: Man sought for domestic violence flees, shoots self
- Man drowns in rural Alabama pond while fleeing police
- Man caught after fleeing police standoff, shooting at drone
- 2 killed as car flees police in northern Mississippi
- Man who rammed cars to flee 'zombies' gets 15 years
- Mississippi man hit, killed, running across I-10 in rain
- Man faces manslaughter charge in Alabama hit and run