MIDFIELD, Ala. (AP) — Police say a man fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run in Alabama crashed into a brick wall and died.
News outlets report the crash happened around midnight Saturday. Michael Jeffries with Midfield police says the man's vehicle was involved in a hit-and-run on Bessemer Super Highway, and the man lost control of his car while fleeing, hitting a brick building.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Jeffries said the driver of the other car was questioned at Midfield police headquarters. It's unclear if anyone suffered injuries in the initial hit-and-run.
The deceased man's name has not been released.
- Police: Man fatally crashes while fleeing hit-and-run
- Police in Mississippi identify victim in fatal hit-and-run
- Police: Man sought for domestic violence flees, shoots self
- Mississippi man hit, killed, running across I-10 in rain
- Man faces manslaughter charge in Alabama hit and run
- Police: Alabama man captured in Florida after fatal shooting
- Police: Man arrested after family spat causes fatal pileup
- Police: Narcotics officers hit armed man in gunfire exchange
- Man charged after shots hit Greenville police car
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting