COALING, Ala. (WTVA) - A suspect in an Alabama murder case surrendered to police.
David Eugene Mitchell, 46, is charged with murder, which happened Sunday night near Tuscaloosa.
He is accused of fatally shooting Christopher McCrory, 27.
Mitchell surrendered to police late Monday morning.
UPDATE 11/13/17 10:35 a.m.
COALING, Ala. (WTVA) - Tuscaloosa County law enforcement are searching for David Eugene Mitchell, 46, following a fatal Sunday night shooting.
The victim was identified as 27-year-old Christopher McCrory.
COALING, Ala. (AP) — Police say a man is dead after being shot in a small city in Alabama.
Capt. Kip Hart of the Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit says the 27-year-old man was found suffering from a gunshot wound Sunday night at a home in Coaling, a city of about 1,600 people located a few miles east of Tuscaloosa. Hart says the victim was later pronounced dead at a local hospital.
No arrests had been announced Monday morning. Hart told news outlets investigators were still processing the scene and interviewing witnesses.
- Alabama man dies after being shot
- Police: Man dies after being shot at a home in Alabama
- Man dies after being shot at Alabama apartment complex
- Police: Mississippi man shot in stomach during robbery dies
- Police: Man shot pregnant girlfriend; her baby died next day
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- Alabama authorities: Motorcyclist dies while fleeing police
- Alabama teen dies after shots fired into vehicle
- Alabama man dies in lawnmower accident
- Alabama man dies when fishing boat capsizes