MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say the man accused of fatally stabbing his girlfriend was knocked out by her brother who tried to stop the attack.
AL.com cites a release from Mobile police that says officers responding to a report of a stabbing early Monday found the 49-year-old woman had been stabbed multiple times by her 44-year-old boyfriend. The release says the victim's brother had stabbed and knocked out the suspect to stop the attack.
The woman died at the hospital. The suspect remains in critical condition at a hospital, where he's being guarded by police.
No identities have been released. Further details weren't immediately released.
- Police: Brother of woman stabbed to death knocks out suspect
- Jackson Police: Brother stabs younger brother multiple times
- Alabama inmate stabbed to death
- Third brother linked to Mississippi officer's death
- Man accused of stabbing Mississippi woman to death
- Alabama woman charged with locking up, starving brother
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Teenager found stabbed to death in home near Birmingham
- Inmate stabbed to death at St. Clair prison
- Sheriff: 2 women stabbed to death in northern Alabama