ELBA, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama man faces a charge of first-degree attempted theft after he listed for sale a house that belonged to someone else.
Al.com reports 56-year-old Tony Glen Grimes, of Enterprise, was arrested Friday and transported to the Coffee County Jail. He’s being held there on $150,000 bond. It’s unknown if Grimes is represented by an attorney.
According to the complaint, Grimes put a house on the market in late February with an asking price of $168,000. The house Grimes marketed was in Enterprise but he did not own it.
- Police: Alabama man tries to sell someone else’s house
- Police ID Alabama man who killed himself near White House
- California utility to sell Mississippi, Alabama gas storage
- Alabama police probe moonshine operation
- Firefighters battle fire at historic Alabama house
- Alabama House Republican discloses cancer diagnosis
- Alabama House begins gas tax increase debate
- Police: Nude man forces his way into Alabama home
- Alabama police charge homeless man in 2 arson fires
- Police: Alabama man captured in Florida after fatal shooting