OHATCHEE, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama say an Anniston man shot and killed his 6-month-old daughter and then himself during an argument with the girl's grandfather, who was wounded in the fight.
Calhoun County Sheriff Matthew Wade tells Al.com that authorities responded to a domestic disturbance near Ohatchee on Sunday between 23-year-old Trenton Gordon and the baby's mother. He says the girl's mother had filed for a protective order against Gordon.
The sheriff says Gordon brought the girl to an area home and got into an argument during which he pulled out a gun and shot the girl's grandfather in the arm. The sheriff says Gordon then ran outside with the girl, where he shot and killed her before turning the gun on himself.
The grandfather was taken to a hospital for treatment.
- Police: Alabama man kills infant daughter, self in dispute
- Alabama boy, 5, killed in crossfire during family dispute
- Alabama woman charged with murder in fire that killed infant
- Alabama man held in daughter's death
- Sheriff: Mississippi man killed toddler, man during dispute
- Police: Alabama slaying may have been over gambling dispute
- Parent thinks daughter’s death result of dispute over radio
- Police ID Alabama man who killed himself near White House
- ID released for man killed by Alabama police officers
- Man charged in killing of Alabama police officer