BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — Rapper Pitbull is going to Mississippi to open a new Miami-themed lounge inspired by his Florida hometown.
News outlets report that Pitbull, who real name is Armando Christian Perez, will be at the opening of the iLov305 Nightlife and Cocktail Lounge inside Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Biloxi.
The hotel said in a statement that two days of festivities begin June 21. The grand opening will include celebrity appearances, live entertainment, cocktails, cigars and dancers.
Pitbull will appear at a private event June 21 that features a ribbon cutting. Biloxi Mayor Andrew "FoFo" Gilich will present the Grammy winner with a key to the city.
DJ Pauly D of MTV's hit show "Jersey Shore" will host the grand opening June 22 with a free performance open to the public.
- Pitbull to open Miami-themed lounge on Mississippi coast
- 5 wounded by gunfire at Mississippi restaurant and lounge
- Coast Guard rescues 7 people off Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Mississippi coast tourism organization hires new CEO
- Mississippi shipyard expanding for Coast Guard icebreaker
- No swimming: Toxic bacteria afflicts Mississippi coast
- Man indicted in Christmas Eve lounge shooting that wounded 5
- Another Mississippi city furls Confederate-themed state flag
- Rebel-themed Mississippi flag taken back down from city hall
- Bryant names judge for new court on Mississippi coast