JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi has its first $100,000 lottery winner.
Jimmy Kenne of Pelahatchie purchased a $100,000 Jackpot scratch-off game at a gas station in Ridgeland while on his way to work.
Upon seeing his winning ticket, he asked his boss to make sure he was seeing the amount correctly.
“’What’s the matter with you?’" his wife Becky recalled. “He told me he won $100,000, and I told him to quit lying to me!”
A Greenwood woman won $20,000 and a Hickory woman won $2,000.
- Pelahatchie man is Mississippi Lottery's first $100k winner
- Mississippi demands $100K from city utilities board members
- Biden, Trump winners of Mississippi's presidential primaries
- Mississippi lawmakers could debate creation of a lottery
- Lottery, school funding could get Mississippi debate in 2018
- Mississippi House again seeks lottery despite dim prospects
- Mississippi lottery bill advances, but more work remains
- Mississippi lottery could start selling tickets in late 2019
- Mississippi Lottery aims for Dec. 1 start of ticket sales
- Multistate lottery games start in Mississippi on Jan. 30