CLARKSDALE, Miss. (WTVA) - The state is investigating an officer-involved shooting in Coahoma County.
The Coahoma County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the shooting happened Monday shortly before sunrise.
Officers executed a search warrant at a home in Clarksdale when the shooting happened.
The unnamed suspect was shot, according to the sheriff’s office, and was transported to the hospital.
The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is handling the case.
Clarksdale is located just east of the Mississippi River.
- One person shot in officer-involved shooting in Coahoma County
- Coahoma County woman found dead
- MBI investigating officer-involved shooting in Clarksdale
- MBI investigating deadly officer-involved shooting in Horn Lake
- Investigators working to determine suspects involved in Tunica County shooting
- Mother of shooting suspect denies son's involvement
- MBI: Hostage/kidnapping situation led to officer-involved shooting in Canton
- One person dead, another injured after shooting at Tylertown bank
- Person found dead after shooting in Aliceville, Ala.
- Third person arrested in shooting death of man in Tuscaloosa