GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — Officials say a Mississippi man who was fatally shot during a home invasion at his residence has been identified.
Harrison County Coroner Gary Hargrove tells news outlets that 30-year-old John Earl Kennedy III was the victim of Tuesday night's shooting. He says Kennedy died from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Gulfport police Deputy Chief Chris Loposser said in a video statement that police responded to a home invasion complaint at approximately 8:55 p.m. Loposser says responding officers discovered the male victim suffering from gunshot wounds.
Police say the death is being investigated as a homicide and that no arrests have been made.
- Officials identify Mississippi man killed in home invasion
- Mississippi officials identify man found dead on street
- Mississippi officials seek family of dead man found at home
- Mississippi man who was electrocuted is identified
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Officials fighting invasive plant ban boats in part of lake
- Missouri man killed in Mississippi crash
- Man arrested in Mississippi carjacking, Alabama killing