BRANDON, Miss. (AP) — Sheriff's deputies in Mississippi have arrested a Texas man and seized more than $1 million in cocaine during a traffic stop.
News outlets reported that a Rankin County deputy made the stop in Interstate-20 on Saturday afternoon. A search of the car found 75 pounds of cocaine.
The driver, 46-year-old Luis Carlos Alvarado of Odessa, Texas, has been arrested and charged with aggravated trafficking of cocaine. Alvarado is being held in the Rankin County jail in Brandon.
Carlos has not yet appeared in court and there is no word of an attorney for him yet.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol assisted in the drug bust.
- Officers seize $1 million in cocaine in Mississippi
- MDOT seizes $700k in cocaine in south Mississippi bust
- Mississippi auditor says town misspent seized drug money
- Animals seized in Mississippi cruelty case taken to Virginia
- Weed laced snacks seized at dispensary party in Mississippi
- 176 dogs seized from breeding operation in Mississippi
- Former Mississippi officer sentenced on marijuana charge
- Officer shoots suspect at Mississippi gas station
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash
- Mississippi officer fired after excessive force complaint