PELL CITY, Ala. (AP) - Police say a man has been fatally shot in a shooting at a service station in Alabama.
Pell City Police Chief Paul Irwin told local news media that 32-year-old Jackie Germaine Ragland was killed Thursday morning. An officer found an armed suspect in progress of robbing the store at Texaco after responding to reports of a robbery around 3:18 a.m.
Irwin says the suspect ran toward the officer with a gun. The officer fired his gun and hit the suspect in the upper torso.
Ragland was pronounced dead on the scene.
The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is investigating the incident.
- Officer fatally shoots man in robbery at gas station store
- 1 man charged in October robbery, shooting at gas station
- Officer shoots suspect at Mississippi gas station
- Alabama inmate recaptured at gas station
- Officers at wrong address ID'd in fatal shooting of man
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Man fatally shoots self in hospital elevator
- Mississippi casinos oppose video gambling in gas stations
- Federal judge clears Alabama officer in fatal shooting
- Man charged with robbery after victim shoots himself