MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - A certified nursing assistant has been accused of sexually assaulting an elderly person at an Alabama nursing home.
AL.com reports a Florence police statement says 21-year-old Zachariah Lee Reeves was arrested Wednesday on charges of first-degree sodomy and second-degree elder abuse.
Police Sgt. Greg Cobb says Reeves is a CNA at Mitchell-Hollingsworth Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Cobb says Reeves was working when the victim was assaulted Nov. 2.
Reeves is being held in the Lauderdale County Detention Center with bail set at $60,000. It is unclear if Reeves has an attorney.
Further details have not been released.
If convicted, Reeves faces up to life in prison and would be required to register as a sex offender.
- Nursing home worker accused of sex assault on elderly person
- Ex-Mississippi nursing home worker pleads to embezzlement
- Doctor accused of sex assaulting patients wants case sealed
- 3 ex-nursing home employees convicted in Alabama
- Miss. man pleads to bomb threat at veterans' nursing home
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Ex-bus driver convicted of sex assaulting Auburn student
- Elderly Mississippi woman shot, killed; boyfriend arrested
- Missing teen home, 'no sign' of teacher accused of sex crime
- 3 Mississippians accused of killing Louisiana shop worker