MENDENHALL, Miss. (WTVA) - School officials in Simpson County are investigating a report of a noose seen at a school, reports WAPT-TV in Jackson.
In a statement, Simpson County School District Superintendent Greg Paes said students and staff at Mendenhall Junior High School reported seeing a rope that resembled a noose in the school cafeteria.
The superintendent says the matter is under investigation and they expect to identify the person responsible.
“Please trust that this type of incident is not tolerated in any of the schools in Simpson County and once the person responsible for doing this identified, they will be handled according to our policies and procedures,” he stated.
- Noose reported at Simpson County school
- Student suspended after nooses found on Alabama campus
- Alabama officials investigate high school hazing report
- Another fatal wreck reported in Kemper County
- Report questions spending in Mississippi Gulf Coast county
- Report: Man arrested, accused of killing mother in Hinds County
- 2nd inmate death reported at Mississippi county jail
- Report: Amtrak train collides with tanker truck in Yazoo County
- Report: One injury in Pickens County, AL storm
- Threadgill named superintendent of Mobile County schools