OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Nine students at Ole Miss Law have been selected to participate in the 2021 Business Law Fellowship program.
According to the university, the program allows first-year law students who are interested in business and corporate law an opportunity to spend the summer in general counsel offices and other departments of some of the nation’s leading companies.
The participants include Chandler Coleman of Pontotoc and Garner Vance of Grenada.
A graduate of Millsaps College and Ole Miss, Coleman will be working in Huntsville, Alabama, at Maynard Cooper and Gale.
Vance will be working at Yates Construction in Jackson, Mississippi, and Birmingham, Alabama, and Gilpin Givhan in Montgomery, Alabama, this summer.
- Carter Babaz of Atlanta, Georgia - working at Nelson Mullins in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Le'Ronda Gates of Atlanta, Georgia - working at FedEx Express.
- Daniel Ginn of Weatherford, Texas - working at Entergy Mississippi.
- Zach Ishee of Odessa, Florida - working at FedEx Freight.
- Teresa Jones of Sharkey County, Mississippi - working at Butler Snow and International Paper.
- Tanya McGill of Atlanta, Georgia - working at Butler Snow in Nashville, Tennessee, and at Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer P.A. in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Margaret Pitts of Waynesboro, Mississippi - working at C Spire.
Business law fellows will also take advanced business courses.
The fellowship began in 2019 and is part of the school's business law program within the Business Law Institute.