RED BANKS, Miss. (WTVA) - We are learning more about the case of a body found in Marshall County.
Two hunters discovered the body of a white woman in her mid-to-late 20s Tuesday.
WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee, reported investigators believe the woman was killed somewhere else and her body dumped off the Coldwater Creek bridge on North Red Banks Road.
Marshall County Sheriff's investigators said both Memphis and Collierville Police have unsolved missing person cases.
They've sent the woman's body to the State Crime Lab in Pearl for an autopsy that will help identify her and determine a cause of death.
The original story is below.
RED BANKS, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman’s body was found Tuesday under a bridge in Marshall County.
Detectives have launched a homicide investigation, WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee, reports.
Detective Kelly McMillen said the woman is white and in her mid-to-late 20s.
She was found Tuesday afternoon under the Coldwater Creek Bridge on North Red Banks Road off Interstate 22.
McMillen said there were signs of trauma, the TV station reports.
The medical examiner will determine the official cause of death.
- New Information released in body found in Marshall County
- Body found under Alabama bridge
- Body of missing woman found
- Sheriff: Men likely slain outside county where bodies found
- Alabama woman's body found weeks after disappearance
- Body found in Pearl River in Mississippi
- Woman's body found at north Alabama landfill
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Missing Mississippi man's body found in lake
- Man's body found in Mississippi lake