OLIVE BRANCH, Miss. (AP) — Amazon plans to open a second fulfillment center in the northwest Mississippi town of Olive Branch.
A statement issued Monday by Mississippi Development Authority says the facility will create 500 fulltime jobs in DeSoto County.
The company plans to lease a 1 million-square-foot (0.09 million-square-meter) building where workers will ship large items including household goods, patio furniture, bicycles and sports equipment.
Amazon spokesman Owen Torres said the company does not have an opening date for the center.
The state development agency says it and DeSoto County are providing assistance for road improvements, and the county is providing additional support.
The announcement comes 11 months after Amazon said a similar facility in Marshall County would create 850 jobs over three years in the area.
Olive Branch is south of Memphis, Tennessee.
- New Amazon center to create 500 jobs in north Mississippi
- Hunter Engineering expanding, creates jobs
- ABB expanding in Senatobia, creating jobs
- Swiss manufacturer to cut 120 jobs in north Mississippi
- Medline Industries bringing 450 jobs to north Mississippi
- Amazon to locate distribution center near Birmingham
- Mississippi sawmill announces $40M expansion, 45 jobs
- Company adding 200 pharmaceutical jobs in Mississippi
- Aviation company expanding in Alabama creating 200 new jobs
- Unipres announces $40 million expansion, to create 70 jobs