BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — A member of a motorcycle group that was traveling to honor a slain Mississippi police officer has died after a crash.
News outlets report a member of the Patriot Guard group was on his way Wednesday to the funeral of Brookhaven police officer James White. He was taken to a hospital in Brookhaven, where he was pronounced dead. His name was not immediately released.
A second member of the group was injured in the crash on Interstate 55 and was taken by helicopter to a Jackson hospital, where his condition is critical.
White and 31-year-old police Cpl. Zach Moak died from gunshot wounds Saturday morning after responding to a call. Police say that 25-year-old Marquis Flowers shot the men. Flowers himself has been hospitalized and hasn't appeared in court.
- Motorcyclist dies on way to police officer's funeral
- Alabama authorities: Motorcyclist dies while fleeing police
- Mississippi motorcyclist dies after hit by state trooper
- Hundreds throng funeral for slain Biloxi police officer
- Funeral services set for slain Alabama officer
- Mississippi police officer dies after 1-vehicle crash
- Funerals planned in Alabama town where 3 cheerleaders died
- Funerals set for 2 Mississippi officers killed last week
- Funeral set for Alabama officer slain in Mobile
- Alabama police officer dies 2 weeks after on-duty crash