ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — Authorities in Alabama say a baby died after being left in a car for hours and his mother is charged with murder.
News outlets report that 36-year-old Elizabeth Case was arrested Saturday and was being held without bond. It wasn't immediately clear if she had a lawyer.
Limestone County sheriff's deputies say Case left home with the 13-month-old boy between 9 and 10 p.m. Friday to go dumpster diving. They say she left the child in the car when she returned home around 5:40 a.m. Saturday.
She awoke around 1:30 p.m. Saturday when her mother arrived, and they found the boy still in the car.
Deputies say Case put the child in the shower. Her mother called 911.
The boy was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- Mother charged with murder of baby
- Baby suffers brain swelling; mother's boyfriend charged
- Mother faces charge after dead baby found in car's trunk
- Charge against mother in infant's death upgraded to murder
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Authorities: Man charged with murder in his mother's death
- Mother faces murder charges in slaying of 2 sons
- Mother charged in 4-year-old daughter's death
- Charges dismissed against mother after Leland tragedy
- Former North Alabama player charged in murder