DOTHAN, Ala. (AP) — Police in Alabama have arrested the mother of a baby whose body was found inside a freezer in a hotel room.
News outlets report 36-year-old Amanda Gail Oakes is charged with manslaughter and corpse abuse in the death of 6-month-old Curtis James Oakes.
Police previously charged her 28-year-old boyfriend, Carlton James Mathis of Gainesville, Georgia, with murder in the child's death. He was arrested last week after being shot during a police standoff in Bronson, Florida.
Oakes was with Mathis when he was captured. Investigators later found the child's remains in a hotel room freezer. An autopsy is being conducted to determine how the boy died.
Police say Oakes is jailed with bond set at $150,000. A defense attorney didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment.
- Mother charged in death of boy found in hotel freezer
- 3 arrested after body of Mississippi man found in freezer
- Fourth person arrested as Mississippi man found in freezer
- Mom gets 99 years over death of baby found in freezer
- Man indicted on capital murder charge over body in freezer
- Mother charged in 4-year-old daughter's death
- Teens: Mother of 2 drowned boys needs mercy, not charges
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Authorities: Man charged with murder in his mother's death
- Charge against mother in infant's death upgraded to murder