ALABASTER, Ala. (AP) — Alabaster police say a 43-year-old woman has been arrested in the death of her 4-year-old daughter.
WBRC-TV reports Amy Reeves Silver was arrested Tuesday by U.S. Marshals, and charged with reckless murder in the death of her daughter, Sharon Smith.
The little girl was in the car with her mother when a train hit them.
Silver was arrested at her home in Onenota and transferred to the Shelby County jail.
Along with the reckless murder charge, Silver is also charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, driving under the influence and disregarding a railroad warning device.
Her bond is set at $154,000. It was unknown if she has an attorney who could speak on her behalf.
- Mother charged in 4-year-old daughter's death
- Alabama man charged with murder, abuse in 4-year-old's death
- Authorities: Man charged with murder in his mother's death
- Mother charged in death of boy found in hotel freezer
- Charge against mother in infant's death upgraded to murder
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Alabama man held in daughter's death
- Mother, daughter fell into freezing lake in Alabama
- Mother and daughter found dead in central Mississippi home
- Mom indicted in death of 4-year-old girl killed by train