HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — A woman is suing the owners of an Alabama zoo where her 9-year-old daughter was bitten by a kangaroo.
News outlets report a lawsuit filed Friday by Jennifer White accuses Harmony Park Safari owners William Keith Allen and Shannon Allen of negligence and wantonness in connection with the May 2017 attack. According to video footage, a kangaroo named Erwin reached through the fence to grab the girl and bite her ear.
The girl was hospitalized and received 14 stitches. The lawsuit says the girl also suffered mental damage.
The lawsuit says Erwin had a past history of violence and accuses the Allens of failing to accordingly protect zoo visitors.
White is seeking an unnamed amount in compensatory and punitive damages.
The Allens' attorney declined comment to WHNT-TV.
- Mom sues Alabama zoo where kangaroo bit daughter's ear
- Sheriff: Mississippi mom shoots adult daughter's boyfriend
- Sheriff: Mom tails man who kidnapped daughter at gunpoint
- Alabama man held in daughter's death
- Fired Alabama charter school president sues academy
- Storms impact Jackson Zoo
- Mother, daughter fell into freezing lake in Alabama
- Police: Alabama man kills infant daughter, self in dispute
- Alabama sues over undocumented residents in Census counts
- Mississippi sues opioid distributors