MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - Prosecutors say a Mobile man received a sentence of life in prison for killing a 16-year-old girl as she sat with friends in the backseat of a car.
The Mobile County district attorney's office on Thursday announced the sentence for Jamarcus Mahone. Mahone was convicted of murder in the December 2014 shooting death of Raven Hamilton.
Al.com reports that Hamilton was sitting with friends in the car in a subdivision when Mahone shot into the car.
Former Assistant District Attorney Jo Beth Murphree said at a bond hearing in 2014 that Mahone mistook the car for one driven by people with whom he'd had previous problems.
- Mobile man gets life sentence in teen's slaying
- Man in Alabama sentenced to life for slaying step-father
- Originally sentenced to die, man gets life for 1998 slaying
- Alabama man gets life in roommate's slaying
- Alabama man sentenced in $43 robbery, slaying of store clerk
- Alabama man sentenced to life in teen's Mississippi death
- Alabama man charged in slaying of roommate
- Alabama court upholds death sentence in gang slaying
- Alabama governor opposes release in slaying of Georgia teen
- No parole for woman in Georgia teen's slaying in Alabama