JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) — The Mississippi State Department of Health Wednesday night reported its first presumptive positive case of coronavirus.
According to the state, it's a man from Forrest County who recently traveled to Florida.
At the moment, he is isolating himself at home while the state awaits confirmation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The state confirmed Thursday the first case of coronavirus.
- Mississippi reports its first presumptive positive case of coronavirus
- Mississippi coronavirus cases continue to rise
- Coronavirus: 663 cases in Mississippi, 644 cases in Alabama
- MSDH reports 9 new coronavirus cases
- Governor returning from Spain as coronavirus cases rise in Mississippi
- Mississippi reports first West Nile virus human case of 2018
- Mississippi reports three new West Nile virus cases
- Measles exposure reported in Mississippi
- Mississippi governor appoints coronavirus prep committee
- Mississippi coronavirus total up to 10