JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The State of Mississippi reports its third confirmed pediatric flu death for the 2017-18 flu season.
The Mississippi State Department of Health says the death occurred in Central Mississippi. No specific location was released.
Pediatric deaths are defined as death of people under the age of 18.
Across the nation, there have been 128 pediatric flu deaths reported this season.
State health officials say flu activity has greatly decreased during the past few weeks. Peak flu season in Mississippi typically lasts from January through March.
- Mississippi records third pediatric flu death of 2017-18 season
- Second pediatric flu death confirmed this season
- MSDH reports first pediatric flu death of 2017-2018 season
- State health officials confirm first pediatric flu death of 2018-2019 season
- Worst of flu season may be over in Mississippi
- Mississippi health lab confirms first flu case of season
- Mississippi shrimp season extended
- First lady meets with children at pediatric center
- Mississippi newspaper wins dispute over government records
- Mississippi sees record low unemployment in November