JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi is receiving $1.2 million for outdoor recreation and conservation projects.
The funds are being distributed from the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
This is part of a $100 million distribution to all 50 states, territories and Washington, D.C.
Alabama was distributed $1.5 million.
- Mississippi receives $1.2 million to support state parks and recreation
- Mississippi to receive $2.5 million in Wells Fargo settlement
- Proposed industrial park, community to receive $6 million
- Recreation on old Mississippi River bridge a local decision
- Hattiesburg parks and recreation director dies at 54
- Computer problems delay Mississippi child support payments
- Mississippi state parks are surviving with tight budgets
- Mississippi State University to build new parking garage
- 3 Mississippi schools receive Blue Ribbon recognition
- Mississippi receiving federal grant for preschool programs