MCCOMB, Miss. (AP) — Pike County officials are seeking the relatives of a man found dead in his home last weekend.
Authorities say Charles Markase was found dead Friday afternoon after a mail carrier reported mail and newspapers piling up at his house in McComb.
Pike County Coroner Percy Pittman said Markase had been dead for about three weeks, apparently of natural causes, before McComb police officers found him.
Markase, in his late 60s or early 70s, moved to McComb from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina and was retired from the Internal Revenue Service. Pittman says Markase reportedly has siblings, some in the New Orleans area and some in Texas, but he doesn't know how to contact them.
Anyone with contact information for his family should call 601-810-3993 or 601-249-1770.
- Mississippi officials seek family of dead man found at home
- Officials seek to determine why 2 found dead in Mississippi
- Mississippi officials identify man found dead on street
- Mississippi officials seek return of Medicaid overpayments
- Mother and daughter found dead in central Mississippi home
- Sheriff: Girls attacked mom found dead near Mississippi home
- Report: South Mississippi shooting suspect found dead
- Inmate found dead in South Mississippi jail
- Man accused of killing neighbor found dead in Mississippi
- Mississippi house fire where man found dead ruled an arson