WOODVILLE, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man who was found burned to death inside a car near a strip club has been identified.
Wilkinson County Coroner Nolan Thompson tells the Enterprise-Journal of McComb 44-year-old Shane Lambuth, of Natchez, died from the heat of the flames. Thompson says he arrived on scene at about 9 p.m. on Feb. 2 and found Lambuth's body burned beyond recognition.
He says he doesn't know why Lambuth didn't exit the blazing truck.
The Wilkinson County Sheriff's Department and Woodville Fire Department are investigating the incident.
- Mississippi man found burned to death in car identified
- Burned body found in car in south Mississippi
- Authorities identify body found in Mississippi creek
- Mississippi officials identify man found dead on street
- Decomposed body found in car truck identified as missing man
- Mississippi man who was electrocuted is identified
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body
- Man found shot to death in car in Alabama
- Man falls to death at Mississippi refinery