VICKSBURG, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a Mississippi man has drowned after a friend says he fell out of a boat while fishing.
WAPT-TV reports 51-year-old Eugene King Jr. was on a Sunday morning fishing trip with the friend on a private lake when he fell out of the small boat.
Warren County Sheriff Martin Pace says King wasn't wearing a flotation device.
King's body has been sent for an autopsy at the state crime lab.
The sheriff's office and Mississippi Wildlife Fisheries department are investigating.
- Mississippi man drowns while fishing
- Missing Mississippi man identified as drowning victim
- 3 teenagers drown in Mississippi's Biloxi River
- Authorities say drowning in Mississippi lake was accidental
- 2-year-old Mississippi girl drowns after wandering from home
- Toddler drowns in canal at Mississippi RV park
- Alabama man dies when fishing boat capsizes
- Man found in state park lake after apparent drowning
- Man drowns in rural Alabama pond while fleeing police
- Man drowns at DeSoto State Park, second death within week