HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — A man has died in a shooting that followed a family argument in Mississippi.
The Forrest County coroner told news outlets that 40-year-old Ronnie Turner of Hattiesburg died from his injuries.
Police were called to an intersection around 3 a.m. Sunday and found Turner with a gunshot wound. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
Hattiesburg police spokesman Ryan Moore said a man involved in the argument has been questioned and released. No charges have been filed.
Police have not said what sparked the argument.
Coroner Butch Benedict said Turner's body has been sent to the State Crime Lab in Jackson for an autopsy.
- Mississippi man dies in shooting following family argument
- Man arrested in Alabama in shooting death after argument
- Mississippi man dies from possible road rage shooting
- Mississippi flag foes want court arguments on rebel symbol
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- Police: Alabama teen shot dead after argument with man, 25
- Family sues over fatal police shooting in Mississippi
- Police: Mississippi man shot in stomach during robbery dies
- Man dies after being shot multiple times in Mississippi