MERIDIAN, Miss. (AP) — Authorities in Mississippi say a man has been charged in the death of his wife.
News outlets report that a domestic disturbance 911 call came in on Friday night and deputies found Marsha Danielle Pace unresponsive with an apparent gunshot wound to the head when they arrived at the home. The woman was taken to a hospital, where she died.
Lauderdale County Chief Deputy Ward Calhoun says a child was at the home at the time of the shooting but suffered no injuries.
Calhoun says deputies arrested 31-year-old Truitt Thomas Pace and charged him with second-degree murder. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Mississippi man charged in the death of his wife
- Mississippi man sought in wife's death seen in Wyoming, Utah
- Mississippi man wanted in wife's death arrested in Utah
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Man charged with murder in deaths of wife, stepdaughter
- Man, first wife charged in killing of second wife
- Mississippi corrections officer charged in fight with wife
- 3 men charged with Mississippi weekend death
- Alabama man charged in death of girlfriend in Mississippi