JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A 25-year-old man wanted for a probation violation and questioning in a weekend homicide in Mississippi is in custody.
Holmes County Sheriff Willie March says Joseph Keys surrendered to deputies Thursday morning on a county road near Lexington.
Keys had been sought for questioning in the July 20 shooting death of James Wise at the Yellow Tree Lounge near Lexington. March says deputies had been looking for him as part of that investigation but the Department of Corrections also had a warrant out for his arrest on an unspecified parole violation.
It was unknown if he's represented by an attorney.
Key was convicted of burglary/larceny of an unoccupied dwelling in 2012 and sentenced to three years to serve and four years of probation. He was released on probation in 2015.
- Mississippi man arrested, wanted for questioning in death
- Mississippi man wanted in wife's death arrested in Utah
- Fugitive wanted in Mississippi arrested in Louisiana
- Mississippi police arrest man wanted for Texas killing
- Man wanted in Mississippi bar shooting arrested in Illinois
- Suspect in Missouri man's death arrested in Mississippi
- Man arrested in strangling death of Mississippi woman
- 2 arrested in June death of Mississippi 'Peanut Man'
- Second man arrested in shooting death of Mississippi pastor
- Man falls to death at Mississippi refinery