MOSS POINT, Miss. (AP) — Police say the Mississippi man accused of shooting a 16-year-old boy who was visiting his home has been charged.
Interim Police Chief Brandon Ashley tells The Sun Herald of Biloxi that what started out as an argument between 22-year-old Jeylen Fountain and 16-year-old Xavier Davison who was visiting Fountain quickly turned fatal Friday night. Xavier was shot once in the chest and died at a hospital.
Ashley declined to answer the newspaper's question on what the argument was about. Fountain turned himself in to police on Saturday and was charged with manslaughter-culpable negligence, but the Jackson County jail docket on Monday afternoon listed Fountain as charged with murder.
Fountain is being held without bail. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Mississippi man accused of shooting 16-year-old charged
- 16-year-old dies in Mississippi club shooting, 2 others hurt
- Man charged in fatal central Mississippi shooting
- 16-year-old faces charges for racist message on school wall
- Man charged with manslaughter in Mississippi shooting death
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Man charged in southwest Mississippi dogfighting operation
- Mississippi man charged with knowingly spreading HIV
- Mississippi man charged after authorities identify body
- A Mississippi man is accused of shooting his 20-year-old son to death.