JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — An inmate serving three sentences for aggravated assault has died in prison following a dispute with his cellmate.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says 32-year-old Marc William McGrew was pronounced dead at the hospital at the Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman at 10:11 p.m. Monday.
McGrew had been in prison since 2015, serving a 25-year sentence for charges in Tate and DeSoto counties.
The actual cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy.
Further details were not released.
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- Coroner: Parchman inmate dies of natural causes
- Coroner identifies deceased Parchman inmate
- Parchman inmate who died had Lee County convictions
- Parchman inmate found dead Wednesday morning
- Items seized from inmates during contraband search at Parchman
- Mississippi scrambles to find cells for 625 violent inmates after Parchman prison unit deemed unsafe
- Inmate, 57, dies in Mississippi prison
- Inmate dies after fight in Mississippi prison