OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss. (AP) — An inmate has been captured in Mississippi, two days after escaping from a state prison.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says 47-year-old Michael F. Wilson , known as "Pretty Boy Floyd," was captured Saturday evening in the coastal city of Ocean Springs.
He was discovered missing Thursday afternoon from South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Leakesville, which is about 70 miles (113 kilometers) northeast of Ocean Springs.
Wilson was sentenced to two life sentences in September 2015 for killing two people in coastal Harrison County a year earlier.
The Mississippi Department of Corrections says Wilson was taken back into custody without incident. Officers from several law enforcement agencies were involved with the search for him.
The prison in Leakesville was put on lockdown Thursday and remained that way after Wilson was caught.
- 2 inmates escape Mississippi jail; 1 captured
- Mississippi inmate captured 2 days after his escape
- Inmates captured after escaping correctional facility
- Escaped Tennessee inmate captured after 5-day manhunt
- Inmate escapes from Parchman
- UPDATE: Inmate captured after escaping from detention center
- Last of 3 escaped inmates captured in Alabama
- Police seek 2 escaped inmates near Mississippi prison
- Escaped Mississippi inmate said he went to see his mom
- UPDATE: South Mississippi escapee captured