JACKSON, Miss. (AP) - Former Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant is joining a consulting firm founded by an attorney who was his chief of staff.
The firm was founded in 2019 by Joey Songy. A news release Wednesday said it's now called Bryant Songy Snell.
The third partner is Bryant's daughter, Katie Snell, who is an attorney.
Bryant is a Republican who ended his eight years as governor on Jan. 14. He previously served four years as lieutenant governor and 11 years as state auditor.
The news release said the firm will focus on economic and business development, public relations, strategic planning and government affairs.
- Mississippi former Gov. Phil Bryant joins consulting firm
- Medical building named for Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant
- Gov. Phil Bryant elected as 2018 Appalachian Regional Commission states' co-chair
- Gov. Phil Bryant declares state of emergency following Monday's tornado outbreak
- Mississippi hospital ends contract with Florida consultants
- Mississippi military shipbuilding firm to hire hundreds
- Gov. Bryant appoints Judge Kenny Griffis to the Mississippi Supreme Court
- Former Vicksburg Mayor Demery Grubbs joins law firm
- Gov. Bryant appoints Cindy Hyde-Smith to succeed Thad Cochran
- Gov. Bryant signs law meant to cut jail population