FLOWERS, Miss. (AP) — A commercial kitchen equipment company will relocate a factory in Mississippi, investing $9.5 million and creating 250 jobs.
Unified Brands, a unit of Dover Corp. of Downers Grove, Illinois, made the announcement Friday.
The company says it will rent an industrial park building near Vicksburg, relocating 175 employees now in Byram and increasing total employment to 425.
Unified Brands says it will shift work to Mississippi from Oklahoma and Michigan.
Mississippi Development Authority spokeswoman Tammy Craft says the state will give $2.1 million to relocate equipment and $250,000 for worker training. Local governments will give $200,000. Craft says local governments will offer property tax breaks, but projected value isn't yet available.
Unified Brands says it will start Warren County production in January. The company isn't announcing worker pay rates.
- Mississippi factory moves, investing $9.5M and hiring 250
- Toolmaker to hire 660, invest $33.4M in 3 Mississippi cities
- Fertilizer maker invests $20 million in Mississippi, hire 20
- Mississippi looking to invest in Israeli bonds
- Bath balm maker buys ex-Mississippi film studio for factory
- Mississippi coast tourism organization hires new CEO
- Teen Health Mississippi Hires Executive Director
- Mississippi military shipbuilding firm to hire hundreds
- Wood pellet maker plans $200M investment in Mississippi
- Taylor Swift groper hired as a DJ at Mississippi station