BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a corrections officer in Mississippi has been arrested after an altercation with his wife last week.
The Sun Herald reported Saturday that Hancock County Sheriff's Office Cmdr. Jeremy Skinner said in a news release that Sgt. Cody Moak was arrested on a charge of aggravated domestic violence. Authorities tell WLOX-TV that Thursday evening's altercation between Moak and his wife is under investigation.
Skinner said Moak has been placed on unpaid leave from the sheriff's office. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.
- Mississippi corrections officer charged in fight with wife
- Correctional officer arrested on drug charges in Mississippi
- Mississippi man charged in the death of his wife
- Mississippi man charged with killing wife in nursing home
- Correctional officer accused of stealing inmate's money
- Former Mississippi officer sentenced on marijuana charge
- Ex-Mississippi officer indicted on fondling charge
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Man, first wife charged in killing of second wife
- Alabama House approves pay raise for correctional officers