STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) - Go online, buy a horse.
Mississippi State University is having an online auction Friday, Saturday and Sunday to sell 11 registered American Quarter Horses.
The university says in a news release that the auction includes a variety of horses, "from proven broodmares to 2-year-olds just beginning their careers."
A 2-year-old sorrel named MSU Woody Acres is described by MSU representatives as "excellent minded, athletic and willing - perfect for disciplines ranging from youth show to ranch work." The release says Oakville Highway, a broodmare retired from the show pen, has proven she can produce money-earning offspring.
Four horses from the riding herd are in the auction.
- Mississippi State holding online auction for 11 horses
- Easier lift: 1,451-page Mississippi Encyclopedia goes online
- Ed secretary sees online science lessons in Mississippi
- Mississippi to reopen Delta prison to hold release violators
- Mississippi lawmakers hold budget hearings for some agencies
- Mississippi Senate holds hearing on lifetime voting ban
- Mississippi universities provide guidance to state's entrepreneurs
- Mississippi State physics major wins national scholarship
- Mississippi's state forester resigns after DUI arrest